Twenty years from now you will be more dissapointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover

Sunday, February 28, 2010

sweaty hooker? nope. its kendall.

Who loves when they are trying to sleep and someone is loudly skyping to your immediate right? Not me. Lets just say that while I was trying to take a recovery-nap this afternoon I had some difficulty sleeping due to a problem painstakingly similar to that mentioned above. In cases like this I take my laptop to the common room to take care of my dirty skype dates; geeeez have a little courtesy my friend.

Sidenote: my comma button on my regular laptop has ceased to work for some extremely bothering reason; so bear with me as I struggle to write this on my tiny netbook.

So since I slept in yesterday I had no choice but to go shopping to Mongkok with Elizabeth. After getting lost in the streets, being unable to locate a mall, and being unable to communicate with any of the locals we tried approaching, an old asian man came up to us and asked if he could be of any help. This guy was such a cutie. Even though he was trying his very best, this elderly man really had no idea where we could find good clothes shopping. We thanked him and returned back down to the MTR where a woman saw the puzzled looks on our faces and directed us to "Langham Place", aka heaven on earth (most of the malls here seem that way to me). Check out this huggggge escalator right in the food court people were actually sitting on the steps as it was movinglol. We shopped for a couple of hours before retiring to "Mos Burger" for lunch. For those of you who have never head of this place, I was in the same boat until Elizabeth spotted it from a disance and squealed "oh my god, MOS BURRRGERRRR!". For the sole sake of Elizabeth's snity, I decided that I would give this iffy japanese burger joint a shot. It was the best shot I have ever given. We had these Japanese rice burgers; the "bun" was made up of patties of sticky rice, and the meat was a marinated pulled beef. Easily one of the most delicious things that has been in and around since I arrived in hk. Mos was also situated right next o a starbucks, at which we of course had to make a pit stop to re-fuel before continuing on our journey through the never-ending mall.

After making several pick-me-up purchases, consisting of a dress, a few shirts, some headbands, a little purse, andsome sugar free jam, we headed back to campus. At tis point, I had already begun to mentall prepare myself for what was sure to be a long crazy night at LKF boy was my prediction ever right.

We left campus a little earlier than usual and met up at our friend Christian's flat in Central (via taxi that kept getg lost... annoying), and then headed off to LKF. Wespent an unusually short amount of time at oyster bar, and then headed to Beijing club, where we somehow managed to get a private table upstairs, with botle service. We had an awesome group, and took the odd trip downstairs to cut a rug on the dancefloor. Before we knew it, it was god-only knows how late, and we ended up once again at the Flying Pan, where I quickly consumed an amazing omelette with tomato soup, potatoes, and a little cinnamon bun
(i know, i know... sounds like a lot, but I swear the cinnamon bun was small lol). At this point in the evening I had taken my shoes off and was walking in my bare feet, heels can be the worst at times. We ended up crashing at Christians, but only after he had stopped at 7 11 and purchasd a boatload of ferrero rochers, probably just to tease me lol. We got a couple of hours of sleep before hopping in a taxi and making our way back to campus.

The driver was a ad bit creepy as he kept telling me how gorgeous I was (you should've seen me, I looked like a sweat hooker at this point), telling me how driving was just an in-between jobs thing, and prety much interrogating me with questions. Needless to say, I divulged very little personal information. Once back on campus, Elizabeth and I went to he cafe for lunch (without even going tothe dorms, still dressed from the night before), where she lent me her sunglasses because I needed to conceal my identity much more than she at this point. Lunch was followed by a MUCH needed shower and nap, after which I felt like a whole new woman, back to my pre-sweaty hooker stage.


Me this morning after arriving back at campus. Keeping it oh-so classy.



I mayyy be borderline special needs based on the following:

-almost knocked myself out when I quickly sat up in bed and bonked my head super hard on the light on the wall, humiliating.
-bonked my head again, somehow managing to smash it on the wall of the shower.

We went for Japanese at Hang Hau tonight, which was preceded by the purchase of a fan for my room. Ohhh yeah, that is right my friends; anyboy that comes in this room (ahemmm) will be greeted by the pleasent breeze from my newly purchased Mitsubishi PS-1015. It might seem slightly comical that I feel like I have just won the lottery, the fricken cool air lottery succckkkaaaa. No more nightime sweaty disasters, perfect.

I would also like to let everyone know that I am now THAT bitch that takes your stuff out of the dryer and leaves it in a crumpled pile on a random chair in the laundry room. I honestly have no clue what this place is doing to me, but I have begun to have little if any, mercy for anything anymore lol. I guess I should retract my previous complaints of the dryer-nazis, as I have become guilty of doing the exact same thing.

I'm far too lazy to get the fan set up tonight, as it's like 2am and it remains wrapped up in the box. Ceiling fan will remain on high tonight biznatches. ps. shoutout to whoever was in this room last semester and left 6 hours of credit on the airconditioner, I have been secretly turning it on in here when my roomate isn't here, and then respond with "I have noooo idea", when asked why it's so cool in here. Muahahaha I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment