Twenty years from now you will be more dissapointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

nĭ hăo

Today was interesting to say the least. Not only did I decide to trust a total stranger to lead me to my class, which backfired... But I learned to speak some extremely basic mandarin ie: "ni hao" (hello), and some other harder than they should be basic terms. I actually got accepted into the class even though I was 3rd on the waitlist, I guess after an hour and a half of being tossed into the middle of chinese-speaking madness some people decided to drop out (ie: me in the crazy economics class yesterday).

I sent off a million postcards today too (okay, maybe more like ten... I felt like I was running out of things to say-not usually a problem for me), and then re-visited the extremely crowded campus gym where I decided to be a little adventurous and try out the rowing machine... I have a strange feeling I'll be paying the price for that tomorrow. The workout was followed by the blandest food I have yet to have on campus; grilled chicken and cheddar panini (had to be forced down with ketchup and mustard, weird).

Following the worst meal in HK, came the best part of the day; a bunch of us booked our flight to Phillipines for the Chinese New Year break! We got a round trip flight to Manila for 200$US, soooo excited! We fly out on the evening of Thursday Feb 11th, and come back the morning of Wednesday Feb 17th. I miss zero classes, and we get 5 days and 6 nights in the phillipines, so sick. We're trying to figure out where we can get to a nice beach to spend a few days and nights, so if anyone has any good info, do tell.

Of course everyone headed to unibar tonight, where I was pretty bad-ass and drank diet cokes all night. I also had my first ever game of darts, where I won for our team and was actually the dart master lol. Needless to say, I will now be spending most of my time and money on that stupid automated dart machine... Ah well, better than drugs and booze I guess. My partner Charles (from Paris) was very impressed with my performance. He signed me for a 5 year contract as his partner. nbd.

My room is humid as hell again, and my roomate is really not a fan of the fan (literally), and one of my friends here offered to let me use his spare sheet so that I don't have to sleep under the camel wool anymore. sooo good. Time to test this baby out, bonsoir =)

No comments:

Post a Comment