Twenty years from now you will be more dissapointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

baptist hospital. once again.

So I decided to throw a couple random hk updates in the mix, things that I keep meaning to include, but always slip my mind:

-almost half of the time I go to use the washroom on our floor (all girls floor by the way), the toilet seat is UP. And it's not like they've just been cleaned... Like someone has just come out of the stall up. I have no idea wat would possess a tiny asian girl to lift the seat while going to the washroom (chances are she's going to fall in anyways), and then not even put it back DOWN when she's done. Bothering.

-they are now doing work in the 8th, 9th, and 10th floor common rooms which means that I have t go all the way down to the 7th floor for hot water (the coffee and tea addiction has taken a slight break due to this inconveniency).

-I have now had the bbq pork from LG1 for lunch about 5 days in a row. What can I say, it's something that I can count on around here lol. Annnnd it seems pretty decent for me, so thats a plus.

-My blood sugar has actually been dropping BELOW normal lately (without any increase in insulin), which means that my diet and exercise must be doing their job. There are times when eating a meal I don't have to take ANY fast acting insulin anymore, feels so good.

-The fan has been mysteriously turning off again, and due to the fact that I only have one available outlet (my fridge uses the other one) I can't always leave my fan on. Lets not start this again, seriously.

I'm headed to the doctors in about 15 minutes, at which point they will pit me against my worst enemy once again, clearly the enemy in question is the fricken scale. If it does not read lower than last time I will have no choice but to bathe myself in ben and jerry's while consuming dangerous amounts of mrs. fields cookies. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I officially have a date for "prom", which is on Saturday. Hakon asked me today only to recieve an "Of course!" blurted out of my mouth excitedly, I was getting a little nervous there for a while. This means one thing... Shopping. Based on the fact that the dr's is near a large, large mall. I'll probably pop over to look for something afterwards. This would be before I have to return for some stupid mandatory presentation that we have to go watch tonight (a wednesday), for a tuesday/thursday class that I have. This means I will arrive late to the St Patty's day festivities... Not Impressed. On my trip to the mall I will also need to acquire some new headphones, as the once-trusty air-canada ones that were given to me on the plane over here hae failed me. They literally do not work the tiniest bit, and as working out without music, and skyping without sound really aren't my idea of a good time, I have decided to invest in some new ones. So off I go to another visit to the Hong Kong Baptist Hospital, here goes nothin.

No comments:

Post a Comment