Twenty years from now you will be more dissapointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover

Monday, April 12, 2010

they DO love us.

Even most of my closest friends don't know this, but if I'm a sucker for anything, it's a good book fair. I started experiencing irregular heart palpitations as I approached the concourse on floor 1 and saw tables and tables piled high with every type of book imaginable. I held it together and walked right on by, reason being that I am currently in the process of reading 3 different books; buying another one just wouldn't make sense... Or would it? I kept thinking about this ridiculous book orgy all day and after dinner at the cafe, decided to just "take a look". Well this worked about as well as letting a fat kid just "take a look" at a room filled with the biggest, baddest chocolate cakes of all time. Before I knew it I had 3 books in hand, and was still looking. Thankfully Tania was there with me and had decided to buy one called "The 5 people you meet in heaven", which made me feel as though I should only buy one as well (I mean, nobody wants to be the girl getting the large fries when everyone else is having a salad right?). I stood there trying to decide between a fictional story about the holocaust, and a how-to book about starting up a business, but finally decided on "Why Men Love Bitches". A few of my (male) friends relentlessly tried to explain to me that men do NOT love bitches, but I think the book has a point in explaining that men do not like a doormat either... Nottttt that I started to read it or anything lol. I'll keep you posted on the reading progress, my room is starting to look like Barnes & Noble, bring on the starbucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment