Twenty years from now you will be more dissapointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover

Sunday, April 4, 2010

KFC. 12 hour trains. and thai prostitutes.

computer battery is running extremely low so this is going to be short and sweet. sitting in a kfc inside the train station trying to stay cool... eating a piece of chicken that I got for buying wifi access, listening to my new fave beyonce and r kelly song, gay I know. I've decided to get back on the postcard train and bought a bunch taht will get written on our 12 hour train ride to Chiang Mai. Thankfully it's a sleeper train and we have a bunk together. Tomorrow will bring a 3 day, 2 night jungle trek... Including hiking, bamboo rafting, rubber boating (whatever that is), and elephant riding. NBD. I would also like to let everyone know that it IS true that you get what you pay for; my $20USD backpack from the ladies market now has 2 broken zippers. Damn that thing. Needless to say it will be going in the garbage when we return to hk. Definately worth investing ina good backpack, as many of my friends from home had previously advised me.

I'm hoping nobody smokes on this train, or smells bad for that matter. I also hope there is plenty of tp, as places around here must assume that people just happen to carry some around in their back pocket, annoying. I bought a book about thai prostitution which should make the ride a little less boring... Or disturbing, one or the other.

Of course we had our routine starbucks stop when we arrived at the BKK airport this morning... Annnnd sat their on our laptops for a couple of hours, kind of humiliating. Battery life is now at 14% which is getting kind of risky, signing off for now, and might (more than likely) not have wifi in the middle of the jungle, so this will probably be the last post for a few days, but don't worry about me... I will be exploring the jungle to the max-man vs wild styles. For those of you who can't imagine me travelling without a suitcase and a curling iron, you mighhhht not recognize me when I return home haha, let's hope thats not the case. peace be with you, and you! haha aurevoir =)

No comments:

Post a Comment