Twenty years from now you will be more dissapointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

40 days. the countdown is on.

It's official, I'm coming home. Not now of course, but the night we got back from Thailand I booked my return flight home. It feels so much more real now that I actually have a date to look forward to. The Magic date is May 24th, and the countdown is on. Not that I'm not having the time of my life over here, because I definately am, but I definately miss home. It's not even the finer things, or the many amenities that home provides, that I miss the most. I can deal with my tiny bed, my hot room, and my frizzy hair. I just want to get back to movie nights in, hugs from friends, and maybe the odd grilled chicken breast lol, no bones, no skin, and not swimming in questionable asian sauce.

Sidenote: I am proud to say that for the first time EVER (while booking my flight home on Sunday night), I was asked to turn my music down by someone in my hall lol. I was playing some serious Carrie Underwood while browsing for flights (at a decent volume level because my roomate had not yet returned from spring break). Also, if you judge the choice of Carrie as my nighttime serenade, then suck it and stop reading. I heard what sounded like a knock at the door, but ignored it as, of course, as I was way too caught up in "Inside your Heaven". A couple minutes later I heard it again and said "come in", this asian girl appears in my doorway, dressed in what must have been her little sisters pajamas, and said "can you turn that down please?", for those of you who remember back to the time when another girl in my hall asked me to stop skyping in the hallway because I was being "annoying", know that this asian girl is way more polite, nice, and cute. So I waved the white flag, admitted defeat, and shut Carrie up for the night. Being nice pays off.

Interesting story, I decided I was going to have a little cheat yesterday and ate a chocolate bar around mid-afternoon. Usually if I do this I have to go to the gym immediately after so that my BS stays under control, but of course I was lazy and decided to leave the sweating for later. An hour and a half later I checked my BS (I had taken no insulin), and it was (drumroll please) NORMAL. What the heck is going on here?! Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe my ridiculous amounts of time in the gym are leading to total diabetes destruction... Lets hope.

Last night I decided that I was going to try on my dress pants and skirt that I brought from home since I have some presentations coming up. Badddd idea. Apparently my efforts to beef up my bum have paid off. Bigtime. I also assume that the fact I went shopping for these items at the peak of my diabetic ridiculousness, and therefore the time when I was the thinnest EVER, may add to the problem. The problem being that the damn pants won't fit over my ass, damn you stairmaster, damn you. Looks like I'm going to have to step up the diet in order to keep the booty under control, the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment