Twenty years from now you will be more dissapointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover

Sunday, May 9, 2010

a real prize.

It is now Sunday but I have decided to record yesterday's events based on the fact that our evening was ridiculous.com.

I slept in decently, until I realized that it was only a couple of hours until the rugby game we had promised our friends we would attend. I quickly hit the gym before meeting up with Kev for what would end up as a mad dash through Causeway bay trying to find the stupid field. Stopping to ask locals, waste of time; trying to find it on our own, an even bigger waste of time lol. We went up to the first white guy we saw to see if he could be of any help, thenk god for Scotland.

We made it for the full second half, and although our team got spanked, it was a really good time. Kevin had been prviously instructed to take lots of pictures witha camera given to him by Ramin. Based on the fact that he was struggling, he let me attempt to be the photog for a while, I honestly don't know if there was one single picture I took that didn't end up being ridiculously blurry... The worst.

We came back to school after making the decision that we would get changed and go out for a nice dinner. The group ended up being 8 of us, and we headed to Soho in hopes of being able to decide on somewhere good to go. About an hour later, everyone was still arguing about which restaurant to go to, people were threatening to split up, and I was slowly slipping into hypoglycemia, which means only one thing. Bitch.com. Tania suggested that maybe I should get a snack from sev (more than likely she saw the horns slowly making their way out of the top of my head at this point), so off we went to deal with the blood sugar issue.

We decide on a greek and middle eastern restaurant called Olive. Hummus, Salmon, and 3 glasses on Pinot later, we were on our way to feather boa (a teenie tiny bar that serves ridiculous chocolate girly drinks). I took one for the diabetes team and opted out. Instead I decided that it would be totally appropriate to call Kevin (an east coast frat boy) out and challenge him to try and beat me in shotgunning. Next thing I know, we're outside of 7eleven, each holding a Budweiser tallboy, and I begin to wonder what the hell I'm doing with my life, am I a complete IDIOT?! Ah well it was too late now right? Our friends count us down and we're off. I realize I am now done and drop my empty can to the ground. FIRST. I then proceed to turn to Kevin and tell him to "take that to the bank and cash it" lol, ahhhh only I would say something like that... So classy.

Next stop, Gecco. Where I ingest zero alcohol, and once again, give myself a pat on the back. Not having the greatest time, me Kev and Ramin decide to head back to shotgun city, aka 7eleven. We proceed to sit there for about an hour having an uber serious conversation about life, until this gay couple comes up and starts tell Ramin how beautiful he is haha. These guys hang around for a while, and then retreat to some gay bar they were headed to. We continue on to meet up with everyone at "Pie". This place turns out to be fairly awesome, and the Peach Absolut just sits there staring me in the face, obviously I give in.

Pie was our last stop for the night, or so we though. We hop in a taxi, and before we even get 400 meters, the guys ask the taxi driver if he can stop at McDonalds, and tell him that we'll be right back, he says ok. What happened in the next five minutes is ridiculous and scary at the same time.

Everyone is ordering and the driver comes down the stairs screaming and shaking, this guy is so fuming mad that it looked like he was going to cry. he's screaming in cantonese at us and we have absolutely no idea what is going on. We're looking around asking people if they can help us and explain what he's saying, everyone responds with a blank stare. We offer the guy money, because the only thing we can guess is that he thinks we were trying to skip the cab and not pay, even though the fare was literally $3CDN at this point. I turn back around and all of a sudden my friends have gone upstairs and this guy is now screaming at me so loud that everyone in the restaurant has stopped eating and is staring. I just stood there as this guy was threatening to call the police, I told him to go ahead and call the police, figuring that would probably be the safest thing for me anyways. Some guys beside me tell me nto to worry, that he;s jsut drunk. DRUNK?!? This guy was our DRIVER, what a psycho. All i wanted were some fricken nuggets.

My friends come back down, and the police remove the angry, drunken driver. We get in another taxi and make our way back to school. We spend some time just hanging out outside of hall 7, before I made a short stop in hall 4 to see team india. t this point I was barefoot since my feet were hurting from heels. The whole barefoot thing has never posed a problem before, but of courrrrse tonight was the night. As I'm walking back to my hall, I stumble and scrape my toe in the ground, nto really hurting I don't think anything of it. I proceed to look down and see that the skin on the top of my big toe has been peeled back and I am bleeding like it's my fricken job here, perrrrrfect. Bloody, shoeless, and returning to my dorm at about 6am, I'm sure i looked like a real prize.

I rinsed it off and put on some bandaids, but have yet to remove them due to the fact taht I'm scared of what my throbbing, newly-skinless daddy toe looks like. I'm hoping for the best.

Time for the gym, have to work off last night's good times lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment